To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Gold mining in NSW. A new set of stock photos by Alf Manciagli. The first gold rush in Australia started in 1851 after Edward Hargraves discovered gold at Ophir near Orange in central NSW. Newcrest now has 3 mines in the area, Cadia Hill open cut, Ridgeway, and Ridgeway East. Near Parkes the Chinese company Molybdenum purchased from Rio Tinto 80% of Northparkes Mines. Sumitomo owns the remaining 20%. In western NSW Aurelia Metals has commissioned the Hera Gold Mine at Nymagee 100km from Cobar. Australia is the second largest producer of gold in the World.. View more stock photos from Alf Manciagli here.