To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Use this form to search for more images from Colin only.
Madagascar is a veritable modern-day Noah's Ark paradise filled with flora and fauna forming a kaleidoscope of color and unique shapes and sizes. This island continent contains many endangered and rare species of birds, animals, reptiles, plants insects fish and flowers etc. that are unique to this beautiful and exotic country.
Photo Count: 30
First Published: 1/18/2016
This Photo Set Set Has Been Viewed 9697 Times
1. Exotic Tropical Fruit from Madagascar. Lush tropical fruits are in season throughout the year in Madagascar, but come to a peak around Christmas. Colorful, exotic, tantalizing and fresh, these fruits taste as good as they look.
2. Eyeball to Eyeball in Madagascar. A young orphaned Gray Bamboo Lemur (Hapalemur griseus griseus) gets "eye to eye" with Alena, her caretaker, who fell in love with this adorable, affectionate young lemur while handfeeding it until it was able to eat on its own at the Ivoloina Zoo.
3. Surprised Malagasy Aye aye!. The humorous look of surprise on this Aye Aye was captured on film at the instant the flash was triggered while it was yawning. This nocturnal animal is an Aye Aye, native to Madagascar and unique in the world.
4. Young Bamboo lemur hanging out. This young Gray Bamboo Lemur (Hapalemur griseus griseus) is found in the forests along the east coast of Madagascar where it lives primarily on bamboo shoots, supplemented by young leaves or grass stems or even fruits.
5. Tired Hapalemur baby rests on caretaker's neck. After playing hard, this orphaned Gray Bamboo Lemur (Hapalemur griseus griseus) hunkers down to catch some sleep on her caretaker's shoulder. These cute lemurs are the smallest of the bamboo lemurs and live in the forests of eastern Madagascar.
6. Cute orphaned Gray Bamboo Lemur. This cute Gray Bamboo Lemur (Hapalemur griseus griseus) was rescued from a local market and then handfed until strong enough to leave at the local Zoological park at Ivoloina, eastern Madagascar
7. Three girls looking at small chameleon. Three young school friends enjoy a laugh while looking at a young chameleon on a stick. Chameleons are relatively common in Madagascar, and are most colorful during the breeding season, which is at the beginning of the year.
8. Face-off between 3 humans and 3 lemurs. It's hard to tell who was more interested in whom! Alena, Kathrina and Pamela came across these friendly Crowned Lemurs (Eulemur coronatus) while walking around the grounds of the Ivoloina Zoological Park in Toamasina, Madagascar.
9. Young Gray Bamboo Lemur on childs arm. This young Gray Bamboo lemur (Hapalemur griseus griseus) was originally found when being sold in a market on the east coast of Madagascar. She was rescued and brought to the Ivoloina Zoological Park at Toamasina to be hand-raised.
10. Smiling Hapalemur griseus griseus. This young Gray Bamboo Lemur (Hapalemur griseus griseus) looks so happy and contented on her caretaker's arm that she is smiling for the camera. Originally orphaned on Madagascar's east coast, she is now being raised at the Ivoloina Zoological Park.
11. Multicultural cartwheel of kids. Kids from around the world are rubbing shoulders as part of our multicultural society of today.
12. Alena smiling with Bamboo Lemur on neck. Young Gray Bamboo lemur (Hapalemur grisesus griseus) resting on the neck of Alena, her caretaker friend
13. Baby bamboo lemur on hand.. A young orphaned Gray Bamboo lemur sits on the outstretched hand of its caretaker.
14. Three girls observing Black and White Ruffed Lemur in tree. A young free-ranging Black and White Ruffed Lemur (Varecia variegata variegata) sitting in a tree provides an ideal opportunity for Alena, Kathrina and Pamela to observe one of these beautiful lemurs up close.
15. Malagasy girl with colored hair ties. A young Malagasy girl with braided hair and colored hair ties.
16. Angelo, a young Malagasy boy . The innocence of childhood is reflected in this portrait of Angelo, a bright young Malagasy boy.
17. Maroantsetra sunrise, Madagascar . Golden sunrise over the distant mountain peaks near Maroantsetra, on Madagascar's east coast
18. Lemur family sunbathing, Madagascar. A ring-tailed lemur family enjoy the first rays of warming sunshine, a daily ritual for this species of lemurs in Madagascar.
19. Young Malagasy women watching the festivities on Easter Monday . A group of beautiful young Malagasy women watch the festivities at the Easter Monday beach picnic at Toamasina, Madagascar. This all-day picnic is all about dressing up and being with friends and family, eating, talking, drinking, while having fun an
20. Happy young Malagasy girl with braided hair and co. A happy young Malagasy girl with braided hair and colorful rubber band ties has been enjoying the festivities of the traditionaly Easter Monday family picnic day at Toamasina, on Madagascar's east coast.
21. Clouds over polarized powder-blue sea. A birds-eye view of clouds over a polarised powder-blue sea off the west coast of Madagascar.
22. Pannier of red hot chili peppers. A round pannier filled with red hot chili peppers in the fresh produce market at Toamasina, Madagascar
23. Happy Malagasy baby girl . A happy young Malagasy baby girl sits contentedly while smiling with the joy of life.
24. Colorful young Malagasy girl with braids and cap ready for the E . A shy young Malagasy girl is dressed up and reday for the festivities of the Easter Monday family picnic at Toamasina, Madagascar. Her hair has been braided and held in place with colorful rubber bands. The type of hair braids and specific type of h
25. Malagasy Fody on coconut flower . A Malagasy red Fody looks up from his meal while perched on a coconut palm flower
26. Cute young Gray Bamboo Lemur. Gray Bamboo Lemurs (Hapalemur griseus griseus) lives in the forests of eastern Madagascar. They are the smallest of the bamboo lemurs. Its diet consists mostly of new bamboo shoots and leaf bases. It may also eat other young leaves or grass stems
27. Three young Malagasy girls waiting for their party . Three young girls wait for friends as the crowds stream out of the city towards the beach on the Easter holiday picnic day, Toamasina, Madagascar. Traditionally this is the biggest féte day of the year for families, as everyone comes together for a
28. Young Malagasy woman with happy Easter weekend smile . A beautiful young Malagasy woman is all smiles as she walks to the traditional family picnic on Easter Monday, at Toamasina, Madagascar. Everyone dresses up in their best clothes and heads for the beach for a picnic day of food, fun, sun, friends, m
29. Classic Panther chameleon, Madagascar. Classic Panther Chameleon Furcifer pardalis, shown here in full breeding colors. Typically found living on Madagascar's east coast.
30. Madagascar Kingfisher. The strikingly beautiful Malagasy Kingfisher, Alcedo vintsioides
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!