To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Use this form to search for more images from Jackie only.
Photographs from 3 cities in East India (Kolkata, Darjeeling, Gangtok and Kalimpong)and surrounding area
Photo Count: 32
First Published: 3/14/2016
This Photo Set Set Has Been Viewed 4550 Times
1. New bridge over the Hoogley River. There are two bridges over the river in Kolkata, the new and the old, this is the new bridge over the Hoogley River (Ganges River mouth)(ref:B047_014)
2. Barges on the Hoogley River. Barges tied to buoy on the Hoogley River (mouth of the Ganges) Kolkata India (ref:B047_011)
3. Boats on the Hoogley River. Small local boats on the Hoogley River (mouth of the Ganges) Kolkata India (ref:B047_010)
4. Workers on scaffolding cleaning Victoria Memorial,. Workers on scaffolding (quite often made of bamboo)cleaning high up on the Victoria Memorial, Kolkata (ref:B047_007)
5. Street store beside the Hoogley River. The Banks of the Hoogly river (Ganges river mouth) in Kolkata is lined with street stall, this one was built into the tree (ref:B047_013)
6. Woman at Flower Market. The flower market in Kolkata was crowded with buyers many of them women (ref:B047_016)
7. Flower Market in Kolkata. The flower market in Kolkata is crowded with rows of traders with bags of flowers and petals (ref:B047_015a)
8. Flower Market in Kolkata. The flower market in Kolkata is crowded with rows of traders with bags of flowers and petals (ref:B047_017)
9. Darjeeling Tea plantation. Tea bushes (a relative of the azalea) are grown in tea plantations around the hill resort of Darjeeling (ref:B047_025)
10. Darjeeling Tea factory. A tea factory in the outskirts of the hill resort town of Darjeeling(ref:B047_030_)
11. Weighing tea at a tea plantation. Some tea plantations around Darjeeling are managed on a co-operative basis, workers who pick the tea are paid by how much they pick (ref:B047_047)
12. Red panda in zoo cage. Red panda peering through wire of cage in Darjeeling zoo (ref:B047_040)
13. Road repairs north of Darjeeling on road to Lachen. The roads north in the mountains from Darjeeling are often cut by landslides and are perpetually repaired by road teams(ref:B047_058)
14. Small settlement at check point going north from D. A small settlement at the check point en route north from Darjeeling to to Lachen (ref:B047_061)
15. Small settlement at check point going north from D. A small settlement at the check point en route north from Darjeeling to to Lachen(ref:B047_060)
16. Lachen village in Sikkim. The small buddist village of Lachen, the toilets are constructed over small waterways running through the village (ref:B047_067)
17. Monestary and village of Lachen, Sikkim. The small buddist village of Lachen has it's own buddist monestary which overlooks the village (ref:B047_068)
18. Flags and wood store in Lachen village, Sikkim. Buddist prayer flags in the early morning light along side a stack of wood prepared for winter (ref:B047_069)
19. Lachen village with monastery in background. Lachen village has may colourful houses, each stacked with woodpiles, in the background above all the houses in the monastery (ref:B047_071)
20. Prayer flags on Iron bridge at Zema, Sikkim. One of the many Iron bridges with prayer flags fluttering in the wind in Sikkim (ref:B047_083)
21. Young child looking pensive at village above Zema. A young child looking pensive while sitting on sacking outside the village home (ref:B047_091)
22. Tista River on drive down from Lachen. Tista River on the steep drive down from Lachen to Kalimpong, Sikkim, India (ref:B049_447)
23. Fish shop, Darjeeling. A fish shop in a small opening on the pavement at the side of the steet (ref:B049_466a)
24. Train light on Darjeeling toy train. Train light on the toy train in Darjeeling, India (ref:B049_471)
25. Train at Ghoom station, Darjeeling. Train at Ghoom station which is the highest station at 2222m on the toy train line (built between 1879 and 1881) Darjeeling, India(ref:B049_472)
26. Train and traffic in Darjeeling. Train and traffic along the toy train line (built between 1879 and 1881)in Darjeeling, India (ref:B049_464)
27. Women and prayer wheels. Women and prayer wheels at the Tharpa Choling Gompa of the Gelukpa order ( which is led by the Dalai Lama), Kalimpong, West Bengal Hills, Northern India(ref:B049_460a)
28. View from Kalimgpong. Looking down the misty valley early in the morning Kalimpong, West BengalIndia (ref:B049_456)
29. Orchids at Rumtek Monastery. Orchids growing in the yard of the Rumtek Monastery near Gangtok, Sikkim India (ref:B049_452)
30. Rumtek Monastery near Gangtok. Rumtek Monastery near Gangtok, Sikkim India (ref:B049_451)
31. Prayer wheels and monk at Tharpa Choling Gompa. Prayer wheels and monk at Tharpa Choling Gompa of the Gelukpa order ( which is led by the Dalai Lama), Kalimpong, West Bengal Hills, Northern India (ref:B054_459)
32. A red rhododendron flower. A red rhododendron flower in the rhododendron forest on the Green Lake trek to Kangchenjunga base camp, Sikkim India (ref:B049_433)
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!