To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Stock images of buildings, structures, landscapes etc that are instantly recognisable as being from a specific location/destination. These shots are iconic in all respects... perfect technical execution at the best possible time on a day with perfect conditions. Viewers will look at these and immediately think of the specific city or region. All people in the images are totally contemporary and involved in the situation... ie NOT posing for the camera.
Resources Link: Nat Geo's Top 10 Iconic Places To Photograph
Statistics: This lightbox contains 61 images from 11 photographers and has been viewed 1942 times since it was published on 12/31/2014 9:00:27 PM.
1. The Town Hall, Zamosc, Poland. The Hall was built on the northern side of the Market in the row of the residential houses. Originally built at the turn of the sixteenth century, then twice redesigned it achieved its present form in about 1770.
2. Ruins of St Paul Cathedral, Macau. The elaborately carved facade of the Jesuit's church from the start of the seventeenth century presides over the historic part of the town. The lawns are decorated with artificial trees and pink flowers for the approaching celebrations of the Chinese New Year.
3. Church of Our Lady before Tyn, Prague, Czech Republic. This Gothic church in the Old Town Square has two elegant steeples, a solid gold statue of the Virgin Mary on the gables between them and the Romanesque arcaded house below. The church has been in use since the fourteenth century. The crypt is the resting place of the Danish nobleman and a famous astronomer of his times.
4. Malbork Castle, Poland. A short train journey from Gdansk is the Malbork Castle. The red brick medieval fortress built by the Teutonic Knights is a world heritage site and a place worth spending some time to explore.
5. St Mark Church, Zagreb, Croatia. This thirteenth century church occupies a central position in the main square of the Upper Town bearing the same name. The roof is ornamented with the colourful tiles and the Zagreb's coat of arms.
6. The ArtScience Museum, Singapore. Ultramodern design, new building technologies, twenty one galleries for permanent and temporary exhibitions, a terrace with the superb views of the Marina Bay are some of the attributes of this building. On another level the sight of the flower-like structure against the blue sky dazzles with its pleasing form.
7. The cranes, Gdansk shipyard, Poland. This photo was taken from a small ship navigating the Moltawa River.
8. Remarkable Rocks, South Australia. One of the great attractions of Kangaroo Island is a formation of granite rocks. They acquired their strange surreal shapes because of their exposure to varying climatic conditions and the influence of the Southern Ocean over hundreds of millennia
9. Hong Kong Island night image. Night photo of Hong Kong Island's wonderful lights.
10. Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia. A dramatic view of the evening sky and skyscrapers in Surfers Paradise was taken from the bank of the Nerang River near the Arts Centre
11. The Sphinx on a foggy morning. The Sphinx on a foggy morning in Cairo Egypt.
12. Sydney Harbour Bridge.. Couple sitting under the Sydney Harbour Bridge at Milsons Point.
13. The Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The twin towers were created by the Argentinian architect, Cesar Pelli and finished in 1998. Each tower is about 450 metres high. The structure had the status of the tallest world building until even the higher one was built in Taipei in 2003. The towers house the headquarters of the oil and gas companies, Petronas, as well as the host of the smaller businesses.
14. A pigeon in Trafalgar Square, London, UK. With the National Gallery in the background, a pigeon is resting on a monument in Trafalgar Square, London, UK
15. Salt Lake Temple. The Temple of Latter-Day Saints in Salt Lake City, USA
16. Kew Royal Botanic Gardens England UK. Images of the Palm House and Temperate House at Kew Gardens. All originals in RAW format.
17. Courtyard of the Mohammad Ali Mosque, Cairo, Egypt. The most interesting features in the courtyard are the marble ablution fountain from the early 1800s and the tower clock, a gift from the king of France, Louis Philippe (exchanged for the obelisk from the Temple of Luxor which now stands in the Place de la Concorde in Paris).
18. Buda Castle in Budapest, Hungary. The Royal Palace in Budapest, Hungary, housing the Hungarian National Gallery and Budapest History Museum
19. San Marco Piazza Venice Italy. Vista of the famous San Marco Piazza, the main square of Venice.
20. Sunset behind Santa Maria della Salute in Venice, Italy. The Basilica of St Mary of Health was built by the Republic of Venice to thank for the city's deliverance from the plague in the 17th century
21. Canale Grande, Venice, Italy. Gondola with tourists in Canale Grande, Venice, Italy
22. Moulin Rouge, Paris. Entrance to Moulin Rouge caberet at night.
23. Santorini Greek Islands . Santorini one of the most photographed places on earth is part of a volcanic caldera formed 3600 years ago. It really is special. These images are mostly of Oia perched on top of the island Thira. All image originals are in RAW format 5184 x 3456
24. Tigers Nest Monastery in Bhutan. Tigers Nest Monastery, or Taktsang Goemba, is the number one attraction in Bhutan. Located high up a mountain on the top of a sheer cliff, it can only be reached by hiking (or on a horse) only a prayer flag adorned path that meanders up the mountainside.
25. St Pauls and phone box. One of London's famous red phone boxes with the dome of St Pauls Cathedral in the background.
26. The Temple of Inscriptions, Palenque, Mexico. Set on the hill with other ruins of Palenque this Mayan temple overlooks a dense jungle. It was named the Temple of Inscriptions because a panel of hieroglyphs with information about the family of King Pacal was found inside. In 1952 the archaeologist Alberto Ruz Lhuller discovered there the royal crypt with the stone sarcophagus and other precious objects. Ruz Lhuller is buried opposite the Temple of Inscriptions.
27. Boudhanath Stupa in Kathmandu. One of the highlights of any visit to Kathmandu is Boudhanath Stupa, the largest stupa in Nepal. A UNESCO World Heritage site, it is dominated by the eyes of Buddha, peering in all 4 directions. Festooned with prayer flags, it is a photographers delight.
28. Sydney Opera House, Australia night photography. Sydney Opera House taken from The Rocks area, February 2011 night time image
29. Sydney Opera House. Sydney Opera House ati night.
30. Flag of Cuba. According to Wikipedia: "The Cuban governments current, official version of the meaning of the Cuban flag states that the blue stripes refer to the three old divisions of the island, and the two white stripes represent the strength of the independent ideal, The red triangle symbolizes equality, fraternity and freedom, as well as the blood shed in the islands struggle for independence, Finally, the white star is meant to symbolize freedom."
31. The Great Wall. The Great Wall meanders off into the distance at Mutianyu near Beijing.
32. Ayers Rock. Ayers Rock is one of the most well-known natural attractions in Australia. On a flat plain, this huge monolith has even more underground. As the sun slowly sets, the rock gradually changes colour, making it an ideal subject and time for photographers to visit.
33. Remarkable Queenstown. Remarkable view through restaurant, overcast, autumn, Queenstown, New Zealand, 2014
34. Floodlit Sydney Opera House sails, Australia. The quintessential Australian tourist icon, the Sydney Opera House is here photographed in the early evening while bathed in red floodlights during the "Paint the City Red" celebrations in Sydney.
35. . 12 Apostles at sunset on the Great Ocean Road
36. Brooklyn Bridge. Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan skyline
37. western 12 Apostles. western 12 Apostles, Shipwreck Coast, overcast, winter, near Port Campbell, Australia, 2015
38. The Old Man's House At The Sea. An old house at the seaside near Keflavik. Probably there for centuries.
39. The Mitre, looking up the sound. The Mitre, looking up the sound, sun & cloud, Autumn, Milford, New Zealand, 2014
40. Fox Glacier mouth. Fox Glacier mouth, cloudy, Autumn, Fox Glacier, New Zealand, 2014 (Scale? there are 4 tour groups on it!)
41. Sydney Harbour at Dusk. Sydney harbour at dusk with a view of the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge and small ship in the foreground.
42. Sydney Ferry passing under Sydney Harbour Bridge.. A Sydney Harbour Ferry passing under the Sydney Harbour bridge.
43. Hallgrimskirkja in Reykjavik in winter. Beautiful view on the Hallgrimskirkja in Reykjavik in Winter
44. Lonesome snaefellsnes road in Iceland. A lonesome road on the snaefellsnes peninsula, Iceland in winter.
45. Lonesome snaefellsnes road in Iceland. A lonesome road on the snaefellsnes peninsula, Iceland in winter.
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!