To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Here's a selection of our most dramatic sunrise and sunset images, with and without foreground content. If you like a particular image but need different content or framing, photographers being photographers, there's sure to be plenty of other images available from the same shoot.
Resources Link: Sunrise & Sunset Calendars
Statistics: This lightbox contains 91 images from 23 photographers and has been viewed 4129 times since it was published on 1/22/2015 6:19:51 PM.
1. Burnished Golden Skyscape. Burnished Golden coloured cloudscape at sunset.
2. Sunset in the Great Smokey Mountains NP. The Great Smokey Mountains National Park is renowned for its spectacular sunrises and sunsets, ablaze with color
3. Sunset over a lake. Tree and sunset on a lake
4. Maroantsetra sunrise, Madagascar . Golden sunrise over the distant mountain peaks near Maroantsetra, on Madagascar's east coast
5. Liquid Gold - sunrise reflections on rippled water. Sunrise reflections on rippled water look like liquid gold.
6. New Zealand, Auckland. Auckland with the sun setting in the background.
7. Image of lone dawn paddler Sunshine Coast Qld. Dawn photo of paddler on the Sunshine Coast
8. Sunset and power-line pylon. Power transmission against the backdrop of a sunset. Solar energy, a source of power
9. Sunset behind Santa Maria della Salute in Venice, Italy. The Basilica of St Mary of Health was built by the Republic of Venice to thank for the city's deliverance from the plague in the 17th century
10. Dusk on the beach the Samara beach. Beautiful cloudy landscape at dusk on the Samara beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
11. Seascape Sunset. Beautiful sunset at sea. Warm colours contrast with the ocean.
12. Colorful sunset over the Playa Azucar. Beautiful landscape of sunset over the Playa Azucar, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
13. Desert sunset. On the western edge of the Sahara Desert is Erg Chebbi in Morocco. The top of the large sand dunes make an ideal place to view the sunset.
14. Sunset over the Potrero bay and Playa Azucar. Beautiful view of sunset over the Potrero bay and Playa Azucar, Costa Rica, Guanacaste.
15. Venice Italy Early Morning. Images around famous San Marco early in the morning, when the pigeons outnumber us and there is a very peaceful calm. In a few hours the square will be swelling with locals and tourists.
16. Sunrise over lake.. A sunrise over The Entrance on the NSW Central Coast.
17. Canoeist at sunrise. A canoeist paddling at sunrise toward the ocean at The Entrance on the NSW Central Coast.
18. Stockholm skyline at sunset. Towers of Stockholm City Hall and the Riddarholmen Church at sunset
19. Glenelg River sunrise reflection. The Lower Glenelg National Park in south west Victoria, is mostly situated along the banks of the Glenelg River, It is an ideal place for hiking, canoeing and camping with a number of campsites provided in the national park, The park is home to a vast range of Australian flora and fauna including koalas,
20. Lancelin beach sunset. Located 110 kilometres north of Perth, Lancelin is a small tourist town renowned for fishing and sand dunes.
21. Mallacoota inlet sunrise. Mallacoota inlet, sea mist, dawn, Mallacoota, Australia, 2007
22. Mount Barney. Sunrise at Mount Barney, Queensland
23. setting sun at Kingston jetty. crane at Kingston jetty, setting sun, spring, Norfolk Island, 2012
24. Emily Bay sunset, lone pine. Emily Bay sunset, lone pine, low tide, spring, Norfolk Island, 2012
25. Sunset Snowy River estuary. Sunset Snowy River estuary, high cloud, spring, Marlo, Australia, 2011
26. Sunrise, Oxley Common. Sunrise over Oxley Common, Brisbane
27. Castlerigg Central Stone. Central stone in the Castlerigg stone circle in Cumbria as the sun starts to set
28. Richardson Lookout at Sunrise. Richardson Lookout on the Fitzroy Falls West Rim Track at sunrise
29. Spashing Wave at Sea Defences. Waves starting to splash against the World War 2 beach defences at Cresswell beach in the early morning sunrise
30. Sky and Weather - Sunrise over Salisbury, UK. Sunrises can be spectacular almost anywhere in the world but never more than when the sky is cloudy. This photograph was taken in Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK early one autumn morning. The sky was partially cloudy which revealed a beautiful mix of colours. Within 15 min this scene had vanished forever.
31. Sydney Harbour Panorama. Panorama of Sydney Harbour including Harbour Bridge at sunrise
32. Jamberoo Lookout at Sunrise. Sunrise through smoke haze at Jamberoo Lookout in the NSW Southern Highlands
33. Beach at Sunset. Beach on NSW Mid North Coast at sunset, landscape orientation with rock formations
34. Sky and Weather - Sunset over Malta. Malta is an archipelago in the central Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African coast. For most of the year Malta enjoys blue skies and high temperatures. During the rainy season between the beginning of November and the end of February, Malta has some spectacular sunsets. This photograph depicts one of those and was taken from Sliema across Vallette's grand harbour just as the sun dipped below the horizon.
35. Fishing at Sunset. A man fishing alone on a jetty at Forster, New South Wales Australia at sunset. The water is still and calm. Peaceful and relaxing.
36. Castlerigg Circle. Castlerigg circle in Cumbria, England as the sun begins to set over the hills
37. Sky and Weather - Sunset on a stormy day. This photograph was taken on the Dorset coast in the UK near to Wareham. Towards sunset the sky turned from overcast to very dark. Storm clouds rolled in over the sea. As the sun went down it lent an eerie glow to the storm clouds.
38. Flying kites at Sunset. I came across these 2 guys on a very windy afternoon late in the day, as the sun was setting on the horizon at Bar beach in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.They both had special acrobatic kites that were highly manoeuvrable in the gusty conditions. They were seeing how close they could fly their kites without actually crashing them into each other. It was quite spectacular to watch and produced a lot of noise as they turned dramatically and very suddenly.
39. Grounded Iceberg of Mawson Antarctica. Grounded iceberg showing morain layers accumulated many years previously when the ice was part of the Antarctic icecap. Image taken off Australias'' Mawson base.
40. Storm at sunset. An afternoon thunderstorm rolls across the southern end of Santa Isabel province, Solomon Islands. Photographed from Cockatoo Island at the entrance to Thousand Ships Bay between Santa Isabel and San Jorge Island.
41. Sunset view over Edinburghs city park. Sunset over Edinburgh's famous city park. Worth a visit when you're on a trip to Edinburgh. Relax in the park before visiting the city for a ghost tour tour through the old town in the night!
42. Outback Railway - Cloncurry, north-western Queensland. The Great Northern Railway line runs from the port city of Townsville, to the mining town of Mount Isa in north-west Queensland, a journey of roughly 1,000 km. This image of sunrise reflecting on the rails was captured just outside of the outback Queensland town of Cloncurry.
43. Passage Islet and Cape Gloucester beach at sunset. Passage Islet is a small, 20 m high islet lying 500 m off the shore of Cape Gloucester approximately 22km east of the town of Bowen on the central coast of Queensland, Australia. The islet has a long, sandy tail extending toward the shore and a sandy, cuspate foreland in its lee. On the southern side of the foreland is a 1 km long beach, consisting of a high tide beach with low tide rock flats and beach rock. The islet lies between the mainland (Cape Gloucester) and Gloucester Island.
44. Kirkjufell, Iceland. Kirkjufell, mountain of Iceland
45. Icelandic stacks at sunset. Icelandic stacks at sunset
46. Jokusarlon beach, Iceland. Jokusarlon, icebergs on the beach, Iceland
47. Icelandic stacks at sunset, Vik i Myrdal. Icelandic stacks at sunset
48. Kirkjufell, Iceland. Kirkjufell, mountain of Iceland
49. Vestrahorn, mountain of Iceland. Vestrahorn, Stockness, mountain of Iceland
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!