To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Use this form to search for more images from Peter only.
A collection of images from Iceland which is volcanically and geologically active while travelling in a anti-clockwise direction on Route 1. The Ring Road which in the majority of its 1300 plus Kms traverses the coastline of Iceland. The interior consists of a plateau characterised by sand and lava fields, mountains, and glaciers, while many glacial rivers flow to the sea through the lowlands and is warmed by the Gulf Stream giving it its temperate climate.
Photo Count: 30
This Photo Set Set Has Been Viewed 78 Times
1. REYKJAVIK - Hallgrimskirkja Church. Hallgrimskirkja is a Lutheran (Church of Iceland) parish church in Reykjavik, Iceland and named after the Icelandic poet and clergyman Hallgrimur Petursson (1614 to 1674).
2. REYKJAVIK - The Sun Voyager or Solfario. The Sun Voyager is a sculpture by Jon Gunnar Arnason, located next to the Saebraut road in Reykjavik, Iceland. Sun Voyager is described as a dreamboat, or an ode to the sun.
3. REYKJAVIK - Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Center. The Harpa is a concert hall and conference center in Reykjavik, Iceland. The building features a distinctive colored glass facade inspired by the basalt landscape of Iceland.
4. REYKJAVIK - the Unknown Bureaucrat. Only Iceland has a sculpture honoring â€” and lightly satirizing â€” the thankless, anonymous job of the bureaucrat.
5. PINGVELLIR NATIONAL PARK, ICELAND. Pingvellir anglicised as Thingvellir, is a national park in the municipality of Blaskogabyggo in southwestern Iceland, about 40 km northeast of Iceland's capital, Reykjavik.
6. GEYSIR - hot thermal area. Water is thrown in to the air as tourists watch at Geysir. Geysir sometimes known as The Great Geysir, is a geyser in southwestern Iceland.
7. REYNISDRANGAR - Black beach. Reynisdrangar are basalt sea stacks situated under the mountain Reynisfjall near the village Vak i Myrdal, southern Iceland which is framed by a black sand beach.
8. SELJALANDSFOSS - Waterfalls. Seljalandsfoss is a waterfall in Iceland and is located in the South Region in Iceland right by Route 1 and the road that leads to Porsmork Road 249.
9. HOFN TO DJUPIVOGUR - Route 1. Route 1 or the Ring Road is a national road in Iceland that runs around the island and connects most of the inhabited parts of the country.
10. DJUPIVOGUR TO SEYDISFJORDUR - Icelandic horses. The Icelandic horse is a breed of horse developed in Iceland. Although the horses are small, at times pony-sized, most registries for the Icelandic refer to it as a horse. Icelandic horses are long-lived and hardy.
11. DJUPIVOGUR TO SEYDISFJORDUR - Icelandic horses. The Icelandic horse is a breed of horse developed in Iceland. Although the horses are small, at times pony-sized, most registries for the Icelandic refer to it as a horse. Icelandic horses are long-lived and hardy.
12. SEYDISFJORDUR - fishing village on the East Coast. Seydisfjordur is a town and municipality in the Eastern Region of Iceland at the innermost point of the fjord of the same name.
13. GULLFOSS - Waterfalls. Gullfoss or the Golden Falls is a waterfall located in the canyon of Hvita river in southwest Iceland and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Iceland.
14. JOKULSARLON - Glacier Lagoon. Jokulsarlon is a glacial lagoon, bordering Vatnajokull National Park in southeastern Iceland. Its still, blue waters are dotted with icebergs from the surrounding Breioamerkurjokull Glacier
15. SIGLUFJOROUR TO BLONDOUS - Turfed houses, Glaumbaer Museum. The oldest parts of the turf house date back to the mid 18th century. In 1947 Glaumbaer was declared as a conserved site and is now owned by the National Museum of Iceland. It has been run as a museum by the Skagafjorour Heritage Museum since 1952.
16. SIGLUFJOROUR TO BLONDOUS - Blonduoskirkja church. Blonduos Church is the parish church for Blonduos and the neighboring region.
17. HAVERFELL - view from the top of the Crater. The high point on the crater of Haverfell formed via a massive explosion 2,700 years ago. Today the crater is roughly 140 metres deep and a kilometre across
18. HAVERFELL - Volcanic crater east of Myvatn Lake. Barren volcanic landscape surrounding the volcanic crater of Haverfell
19. DIMMUBORGIR - known locally as the Dark Fortress or Black Rock. Dimmuborgir is a large area of unusually shaped lava fields east of MÃ½vatn in Iceland. The dramatic structures are one of Iceland's most popular natural tourist attractions.
20. DIMMUBORGIR - known locally as the Dark Fortress or Black Rock. Dimmuborgir is a large area of unusually shaped lava fields east of MÃ½vatn in Iceland. The Dimmuborgir area is composed of various volcanic caves and rock formations, reminiscent of an ancient collapsed citadel.
21. SIGLUFJOROUR - fishing village on the North Coast. Siglufjorour is a small fishing town in a narrow fjord with the same name on the northern coast of Iceland and grew up around the herring industry that was very strong in the 1940s and 1950s, but the herring are gone now.
22. SIGLUFJOROUR - Siglufjarorkirkja Church just before Sunset. The main church in Siglufjorour, a small fishing town in a narrow fjord with the same name on the northern coast of Iceland.
23. SIGLUFJOROUR TO BLONDOUS - views on the coastal road. Route 1 or the Ring Road is a national road in Iceland that runs around the island and connects most of the inhabited parts of the country.
24. GRUNDARFJOROUR - Kirkjufellsfoss waterfalls. Kirkjufellsfoss (Church Mountain Falls) waterfall is situated in Kirkjufellsa river and located near the proud mount Kirkjufell by Grundarfjordur town at the northern side of Snaefellsnes peninsula in West Iceland.
25. SNAEFELLNESS PENINSULA - Londrangar. The Londrangar are a pair of rock pinnacles in Iceland. They are volcanic plugs of basalt, that have been hewn out from softer surrounding rock by erosion due east across from Malarrif and some 10 km from Hellnar, on the southern coast of SnÃ¦fellsnes peninsula.
26. BLONDOUS TO LAUGARBAKKI - Hvitserkur rock, Hvammstangi. Hvitserkur is a sea stack shaped somewhat like an elephant or dinosaur, though local lore says it is a troll with a staff.
27. STYKKISHOLMUR - Stykkisholmur Lighthouse. Stykkisholmur is a town and municipality situated in the western part of Iceland, in the northern part of the SnÃ¦fellsnes peninsula. It is a center of services and commerce for the area.
28. STYKKISHOLMUR - small fishing village. Stykkisholmur is a town and municipality situated in the western part of Iceland, in the northern part of the SnÃ¦fellsnes peninsula. It is a center of services and commerce for the area.
29. SNAEFELLNESS PENINSULA - Baroar Saga Snaefellsass, Arnarstapi. Baroar Saga Snaefellsass, the protector of the Snaefellsness Peninsula.
30. REYKJAVIK - the famous Blue Lagoon thermal pools. The spa is located in a lava field in GrindavÃk on the Reykjanes Peninsula, southwestern Iceland in a location favourable for Geothermal power, and is supplied by water used in the nearby Svartsengi geothermal power station.
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!