To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Use this form to search for more images from Christina only.
I had only a few hours in this second largest city in Bosnia and Herzegovina but I have seen enough to consider a future visit to Banja Luka. The city is located on the banks of the Vrbas River and charms with its greenery, colourful churches, stately buildings and the ruins of a medieval castle. The surrounding dense forests, waterfalls, hot springs and a host of other natural treasures (not pictured here) may add to the enjoyment of a traveller.
Photo Count: 13
First Published: 20141027
This Photo Set Set Has Been Viewed 6114 Times
1. Fort Kastel, Banja Luka, Bosnia & Herzegovina. The old fort Kastel has its beginnings in times of Roman conquest of Illyria. Today a ruined symbol of Banja Luka it stands on the bank of the River Vrbas.
2. Government building, Banja Luka, BiH. The palace of Republika Srpska is a former mortgage bank built in the 1930s. Two bronze figure sculptured by the Ukrainian artist stand on both sides of the main entrance.
3. The Banja Luka bishopric, BiH. The pictured is the seat of Banja Luka bishops. The Roman Catholic church of St Bonaventura was reconstructed after the earthquake in October 1969.
4. The bell tower, St Bonaventura church, BiH. The pictured is the bell tower of the Catholic church of St Bonaventura reconstructed after the earthquake in October 1969.
5. Park, Banja Luka, BiH. That small park in the centre of the city is a great place to visit during the hot summer months. Shoppers come there to rest and have their ice cream, mums bring their children to play. The colourful flower stands add to a pleasing atmosphere.
6. Christ the Saviour Church, BiH. The pictured Serbian Orthodox Church is located in the centre of Banja Luka in the vicinity of the Banski Dvor and some other important city sites.
7. Christ the Saviour Church, BiH. The pictured Serbian Orthodox Church is located in the centre of Banja Luka. The government building partly visible on the left.
8. City Administration, Banja Luka, BiH. The pictured a white facade is of the building resembling Banski Dvor, the palace of the early rulers of Bosnia (from the seventh to the twentieth century).
9. Banski Dvor, Banja Luka, BiH. Today the cultural hub of Banja Luka the pictured building is the former governor's residence of the Vrbas principality.
10. Fort Kastel, Banja Luka, Bosnia & Herzegovina. The old fort Kastel has its beginnings in times of Roman conquest of Illyria. Today a ruined symbol of Banja Luka this ancient monument stands on the bank of the River Vrbas.
11. Church of the Holy Trinity, Banja Luka, BiH. The pictured is the main entrance to the Church of the Holy Trinity.
12. Church of the Holy Trinity, Banja Luka, BiH. The pictured Serbian Orthodox church is located in the heart of Banja Luka. Built in the Byzantine style it was completed in 1969.
13. Vrbas River, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Vrbas River as pictured was seen from the Fort Kastel. In summer children come there to swim and play in its clear waters.
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!