To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Use this form to search for more images from David C only.
The Top End contains more than two thirds of Australia's bird species, many of them with strong ties to waterways and flooded plains.At the end of the dry season birds gather tightly around billabongs and rivers to feed and drink. When the rains come they fly to all corners and spread throughout the country.
Photo Count: 40
First Published: 2/21/2016
This Photo Set Set Has Been Viewed 2875 Times
1. Northern Birds. Yellow waters at Kakadu national park - darter dries its wing while hunting for fish in the early morning
2. Northern Birds. An egret carries a fish its has caught at Yellow Waters in Kakadu NP
3. Northern Birds. Gagudju Lodge, Cooinda. yellow water boat tour kakadu bird darter travel wetlands
4. Northern Birds. Magpie goose lands among sedges on a Top End wetland and floodplain
5. Northern Birds. Gagudju Lodge, Cooinda. yellow water boat tour kakadu bird nest jabiru travel wetlands
6. Northern Birds. Kakadu National Park - Yellow Water billabong - wetlands wildlife birds egret flora sunrise.
7. Northern Birds. Kakadu National Park - Yellow Water billabong - wetlands wildlife birds magpie goose flora sunrise.
8. Northern Birds. Yellow water contains many birds and reptiles such as crocodiles. Owned by Aboriginal people. white bellied sea eagle
9. Northern Birds. McMinns Lagoon, outside Darwin. Tropical wetland with lillies, reeds and other plants. bird water flora waterway Rainbow Bee Eater
10. Northern Birds. Arafura Swamp area in Arnhem Land, northern Australia. torres strait pigeons perch in arafura palms
11. Northern Birds. Jacanas or "Jesus birds" use large feet to walk and skip across waterlilies in their hunt for insects
12. Northern Birds. Kakadu National Park late in the dry season Yellow water area is one of the most diverse wetlands in the Top End - Azure Kingfisher
13. Northern Birds. Melaleuca station - magpie geese sit on a log in a freshwater billabong, on the Mary River floodplain. waterway bird environment wetlands fauna flora
14. Northern Birds. A beautifully camouflaged Tawny Frogmouth owl sits in a tree. native bird raptor wildlife
15. Northern Birds. A beautifully camouflaged Tawny Frogmouth owl sits in a tree . native bird raptor wildlife
16. Northern Birds. Arafura Swamp at the end of the wet season with magpie geese nesting
17. Northern Birds. Jabiru storks and whistle ducks gather along a dry season billabong in the Top End of northern Australia.
18. Northern Birds. Jabiru storks and whistle ducks gather along a dry season billabong in the Top End of northern Australia.
19. Northern Birds. Limmen National Park is situated on the western side of the Gulf of Carpentaria, in the Top End of the Northern Territory. A bustard or bush turkey
20. Northern Birds. Egret fishing at corroboree billabong
21. Northern Birds. Rainbow Pitta
22. Northern Birds. Jacana or "Jesus bird" walks on walterlilies with its large outspread feet
23. Northern Birds. Floodplains and escarpment near Karnbarlunyah (Oenpelli) - brolgas feeding
24. Northern Birds. A barking owl.
25. Northern Birds. Plumed Whistling Ducks camp by waterholes during the day and fly out at night to feed on the grassy plains.
26. Northern Birds. A lorikeet eats the nectar from a grevillea.
27. Northern Birds. red tailed black cockatoo flying over outback bushland at sunset
28. Northern Birds. The Great Egret is one of three egrets found in Top End wetlands. These are solitary birds that stand still and erect when hunting in the shallows.
29. Northern Birds. Blue-faced honeyeater nesting in a palm tree, in Top End
30. Northern Birds. Baby Honeyeater on a nest in the NT
31. Northern Birds. A newly hatched bustard breaks its way out of an egg at Feathers Sanctuary, Darwin
32. Northern Birds. bustard chick at Feathers Sanctuary in Darwin
33. Northern Birds. Bower Birds courting - the male exposes a crown of lavender feathers usually hidden
34. Northern Birds. Bower Birds courting - the male exposes a crown of lavender feathers usually hidden
35. Northern Birds. Gouldian finches drinking at a remote waterhole near Katherine
36. Northern Birds. Darter comes up from a billabong with a small fish in its beak
37. Northern Birds. Pied heron looks down from a tree at the mouth of the Daly River
38. Northern Birds. A lorrikeet feeds on the flowers of a swamp bloodwood.
39. Northern Birds. Jacana or "Jesus bird". Its large feet and claws enable it to walk on waterlillies searching for food.
40. Northern Birds. The Daly River - partially flooded in the wet season downstream of Daly River crossing - egret and pied heron rookery. bird outback waterway flora north marine nest Photographer: David Hancock. Copyright: SkyScans.
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!