To recover your password please fill in your email address
Register now for easy access and additional services:
Create your account now for full access all our Photo Buyer features and services.
All fields are required please.
To recover your login information please enter your registered email address.
Use this form to search for more images from Paul only.
Welcome to the world of Australian Birds. Intelligent and incredibly beautiful, these are a few examples and more will be added soon. Enjoy!
Photo Count: 21
First Published: 0
This Photo Set Set Has Been Viewed 2250 Times
1. Rainbow Bee-eater - Merops ornatus . Known as the rainbow bird, it is widespread in open country and common to most of Australia.
2. Nutmeg Mannikin - Lonchura punctulata . Small, brown mannikin similarly seen as a caged or aviary bird.
3. Double-barred Finch - Taeniopygia bichenovii . Grass finch with owl-like facial pattern found around farmland, parks and gardens, northern and eastern Australia.
4. Red-backed Fairy-wren - Malurus melanocephalus. This breeding male of the species has varied habitat which can be open woodland and forest to swamps, spinifex and grassland.
5. Tawny Frogmouth - Podargus strigoides. Tawny Frogmouth - nocturnal, perches in a tree upright and motionless during the day resembling a broken tree branch.
6. Whistling Kite - Haliastur sphenurus. Widespread, mostly common across Australia and found mainly in open landscapes, woodland and coastal regions
7. Tawny Frogmouth dozing - Podargus strigoides . Well camouflaged nightjar-like bird, nocturnal. Inhabits forests, well treed land, suburban parks and gardens. Found Australia wide.
8. Tawny Frogmouth - Podargus strigoides . Large nightjar-like nocturnal bird which inhabits woodland, forests, suburban parks and gardens. It is found Australia-wide.
9. Royal Spoonbill - Platalea regia . Large white water bird, inhabits inland wetlands and coastal areas. Found around most of Australia except from central Western to Southern Australia.
10. Royal Spoonbill - Platalea regia . Large mostly white with distinctive feeding by sweeping beak from side to side through shallow water. Inhabits large areas of water, fresh or salt.
11. Barking Owl - Ninox connivens . Large and robust, nocturnal owl. Swift and silent hunter at night. Inhabits open forest, scrub and woodland. Also outer suburban gardens occassionally. Located Australia-wide.
12. Kookaburra (Blue winged) - Dacelo leachii . Blue-winged Kookaburra - Slightly smaller than laughing Kookaburra. The males tail is azure blue. Voice; harsh cackles and screeches.
13. Forest Kingfisher feeding young in the nest - Todiramphus macleayii . Forest Kingfisher feeding young in the nest which is an old termite nest on a tree branch.
14. Forest Kingfisher - Todiramphus macleayii . Forest Kingfisher found in open woodland and forests of north eastern Australia.
15. Galah - immature - Cacatua roseicapilla . Larger familiar cockatoo. Inhabits open treed country and grasslands, also crops. Usually located near water.
16. Mistletoe bird - female - Dicaeum hirundinaceum . Prime food source is mistletoe. Inhabits any vegetation where mistletoe is found.
17. Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo - Calyptorhynchus banksii . Mostly found inland. Male is black with red panels in the tail best seen when flying. Female (pictured) have yellow speckling and orange/yellow tail panels.
18. Sacred Kingfisher perched on a branch - Todiramphus sanctus . Distinguished by buff coloured patches on forehead. Sacred Kingfisher is located over most of Australia except the arid central areas.
19. Yellow-bellied Sunbird - female - Nectarinia jugularis . All yellow, nectar eating Sunbird, with long down-curved beak. Located north eastern coast of Queensland.
20. Yellow-bellied Sunbird - male - Nectarinia jugularis . Small nectar eater with extremely long down-curved beak. Located north eastern coastal area of Queensland.
21. White-bellied Sea-Eagle - Haliaeetus leucogaster . Very large pale eagle, glides low before dropping onto fish.
Please enter a valid email below and we'll send you a copy of this image for Comping Purposes Only.
If you decide to use the image, you will need to return to this website to purchase an appropriate license.
Your ratings provide valuable feedback for our photographers and help us improve the quality of our stock library. Thanks for your feedback!